ATTHE BEACH

CAN YOU THINK OF ANY BETTER PLACE YOU WOULD RATHER BE?

Friday, March 7, 2014

favorite words

As our plane descended, I could see the lights from Heathrow airport below. It reminded me of butter. A nice warm tannish color arose from the darkness. My daughter has always wanted to see England and now finally I've been able to make her dream come true. She feels alittle knackered from the flight but is ready to go see the sights. I myself feel a little wonky from the long flight. As we depart the plane and walk toward the baggage area I could see a quagmire before us. I also could hear the travalers spouting out obscenities like arse, funk,shite and bloddyhell. I just laughed alittle bit under my breath because of there accents but was glad to have my feet on the ground. We retrieved our luggage and proceeded to the car rental place passing by all the kiosk that had their different widgets for sale. I thought I could pick something up on when we flew back to the states. I wouldn't spend alot of money but I wanted to pick somethig up to remember our trip. The rental car agent walked us to our car and attempted to start the car but instead I heard bullocks from the agent. I asked what was wrong and he said he would take a look under the hood. Of course my daughter stuck her head under a shmidge looking around and the first words were  "whats that thingy"? I again had a chuckle. The agent moved a couple of wires and the car started right up. Lickety split we were on the road to our hotel. Usually I would of been the one under the hood trying to fix the problem. It's just my fungo or philosophy of life where I like to do things myself. We woke the next morning and my daughter right away asked where was the beach. I stated I don't know and asked why. She said she wanted to feel bubbles from the surf between her toes. I replied you can take the girl out of California but you can't take California out of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment