ATTHE BEACH

CAN YOU THINK OF ANY BETTER PLACE YOU WOULD RATHER BE?

Friday, February 7, 2014

Freewrite response on " I believe in always going to the funeral"

I believe in always going to the funeral
            I read this article and it became a little personal to me. I can remember when I was in the fourth grade and my teacher Mrs. Latronica had committed suicide. We came from a small town so every one knew everyone.. They had funeral services for her at a local church and can remember going with my mom and brothers and sisters. My dad flatly refused to go. He said that anyone that commits suicide should not have the right to have there services in a church. Not knowing my father as a devout church going, bible reading, god fearing man, this surprised me. That memory still haunts me till today. My teacher had two daughters, one my age and one the age of my little sister. My heart was filled with so much compassion, not knowing what to say but knowing in my mind how hard this had to be for those girls and wondering how could it ever get any better for them. I disagree with this article that seems to promote always go to the funeral It would be nice for everyone to have that attitude but I will never think like that. I feel it is up to the individual if they want to go or not go. I feel that it's not who or how many show up for my funeral but who and how many people I affected on some sort of positive realm.
         I would agree that human society's needs creeds. I would disagree that creeds can be negative. I feel that the purpose of a creed is a statement of beliefs or values. If you start your creed in a negative way, what does that say about your beliefs. Now I would agree that creeds can sometimes divide as well as unite. I will say that just as everyone has the right to there credo, so does the people have the right to disagree and believe in something else. The definition of credo is "any formal or authorized statement of beliefs,principles, or opinions."
        I will agree that we all have the right to believe in every ones own credo, unless for example it goes against what the United States of America stands for. Take the terrorist cell the JI HAD, or should I say a terrorist organization, don't they say it says in the KORAN "death to infidels" and if you become a martyr by strapping 25 lbs of c-4 on your body and go blow up you and as many people as you can that you will be rewarded with 72 virgins?

No comments:

Post a Comment